Be An Environmental Lobbyist!


Political Action

Political Action Effort Help make a difference!

Do you really want to make a difference? Join members of the RPG as they meet to discuss how they can be part of a political action effort. Call Connie Schmidt, DuPage Issues Coordinator, (630 393-6276) or Linda Sullivan (630 620-5257) to find out how you can help make a difference in the November election. Sierra Club members need to work harder than ever this year to help elect candidates that care about environmental issues. Help make a difference!


Federal Government

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20500
(202) 456-1414
Fax: (202) 456-2461
President/Vice President
Whitehouse Comment Line
(202) 456-1111
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time
Monday through Friday
Vice President Joseph Biden
Old Executive Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20501
Fax: (202) 456-7044
Senator Richard Durbin
267 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-2152 (D.C. Office)
250 West Cherry, Room 115B
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
(618) 457-3653
 230 South Dearborn, Suite 3892
Chicago, Illinois  60604
(312) 353-4952 (Chicago Office)
Senator Roland Burris
523 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-2854 (D.C. Office)
607 E. Adams, Suite 1520
Springfield, Illinois 62701
(217) 492-5069
 230 South Dearborn
Chicago, Illinois  60604
(312) 886-3506 (Chicago Office)


You can call any member of the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C. by calling the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and then asking for your U.S. Representative by name. If you are not sure which congressional or legislative district you are in or who your U.S. representative is, you can call your county clerk's office to obtain your specific information.


State Government - Illinois

Governor Patrick Quinn
State Capitol, Room 207
Springfield, Illinois 62706
(217) 782-6830 or
(800) 642-3112 or
(312) 814-2121
Fax: (217) 782-6830

Find your legislators and look up bills. ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY

You can call any member of the Illinois General Assembly at the Capitol in Springfield by calling the Capitol Switchboard at (217) 782-2000 and asking for you Illinois State Representative or Illinois State Senator by name.

For the Board of Elections for DuPage County, call (630) 682-7440; for Cook County, call (312) 443-5150; for Will County, call (815) 740-4616; for Kane County, call (630) 232-5994; for Kendall County, call (630) 553-4105; for Lake County, call (847) 360-6628; and for McHenry County, call (815) 385-5530.

For updates on congressional and legislative actions and information, try calling the following numbers:

(202) 225-1772 Washington, D.C. for federal legislation
(800) 252-6300 or (217) 782-3356 Springfield for Illinois State legislation.